Hello again!
I just wanted to follow up with my last blog, thanks to all my comments. I wanted to say that yes, there is a bright side to school (e.g friendship and whatnot) but that is not what I was venting about. I was venting on how much it sucks to be stuck in a class room where some teachers can't make the student learn for crap. When the students get bad grades, they get checked for A.D.D or A.D.H.D. Both of those have been way over diagnosed lately. Students with either of those medical conditions have skyrocketed over the past few years. It's ridiculous for adults to not stop and see if the student is okay or if they're just not able to understand what's going on in the class. Just because a student's grade lowered does not mean they have a learning disability or a mental condition. The learning process is different for everyone, and I feel as if the administration doesn't really respect that. The staff in a school isn't the one that I'm ranting about. And yes, I can learn a lot in school, but it's not an easy way. I learn at a different pace than my colleges. I have to both listen, watch, and then explain back to fully understand a subject. Not all teachers get that.
For my last blog, all I was saying is that they should try to tend for every person's need. Even teachers. Having 40-45 students per class, six periods a day (not including lunch) is just not right. It strips the possibilities for everybody. And I fear, if nothing is done, then the generations after us will just get slower and much more slower at learning than what our past has witnessed.
Mental diseases tend to grouped too much. Ultimately each one is their own thing, with a few similarities between each one. Our lumping of these diseases ultimately limits our ability to cure each one.
ReplyDelete