Hello and welcome to Photograph the Daily Life with an Anecdote. This blog is dedicated my mind's eye with photography that I see during my daily life that might be described in an anecdote. -Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Daily life of a Student

I truly hate school.
I have to sit through 15 years (maybe, if I go to a four year college,. which I am aiming for!) of school and be nothing but heavily judged. With each passing year I learn something new and I progress and grow into who I need to be. But, we are so heavily judged on what we don’t know, and how we dress, and how we look. Never on our creativity, never on who we are, never on how much we actually know out side of class. I feel like more than half the students can teach a thing or two to the teachers, or even the administration. I’m not sure what I was going with this, but I needed to say it.

10 comments:

  1. Too True, too true....
    Very good writing here. I can really relate to this post. Great job. I enjoy following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, that is true...I think this post is something a lot of people can relate to. I admire you for speaking your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really relate with this post, and I think most students would. School often seems as a tedious chore rather than an opportunity. I think it is great that you spoke your mind and I would love to hear even more from you on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all the other people who commented before me, I relate to this post as well. I'm curious, if students ever got the chance, what do you suppose we can teach teachers and administration?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to add my two sense, school doesn't have to be strenuous. You never know the school could be different. Just as you don't like to be judged at school, you shouldn't judge the school either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Erinn;
    Can you give me an example of one school that does not do this? Just one? I'm not trying to be...what's the right word...defensive about it, but seriously.

    For Abbygail;
    We could teach the administration that just because someone learns at a slower rate, or even just a different way (i.e experience rather than book) doesn't mean that they are in need of special services. Not bashing it or anything, but they should open up their minds so people can learn how they want and how best for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so so SO true. I can totally relate to this. I myself feel heavily judged. I'm glad you let this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand how you feel. I recently went to a summer arts camp in Los Angeles where everyone was so understanding and open to different people and things. It seems that people at our school are constantly judging on appearance and don't try get to know about a person. Passion for anything is hard to come by at our school. School should be a place where we are motivated to learn and grow instead of a place that makes us feel uncomfortable and judged.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should definitely do a longer follow-up post to this, haha. Because I completely agree with the comments above as well as your post, and would love to read more of what you have to say. Waking up everyday and going to school is more of a chore I would love to get over with, rather than an opportunity that I could look forward to. I don't know if it is just our school or if EVERY school is like this, but people tend to be shallow, selfish and/or ignorant nowadays. It is as if everything most students do these days are for show, to make their high school image look good, instead of pursuing what they truly want in life. News flash, once your four years are up, no one will care. You will be flipping my burgers as I drive away in my Bugatti sports car. Just kidding. Haha. I wish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try to see the brighter optimistic sides to school? If you don't go to school, where the heck will you be in life in 20 years? Hopefully no where close. Think of your life in the future! Think of all the things you could LEARN. Not just academically, but with friendship and family. There's not just math and science to school. There's much much more. :)

    ReplyDelete